Friday 8 April 2011

College Magazine Finished!

 This is my finished College Magazine:
This is my final Draft of my college magazine, I created the pages in Mircosoft Publisher.
I didnt want to target one type of student with my magazine so I aimed to make it as varied as possible with the topics and the design, so that it could appeal to everyone. Such as for the fashion conscious student, there is a section of fashion and for the student whos looking towards the future, there is sections of getting a job and finances. I made it into a 'money special' as students are often known in society as having no money, and so I believe this would appeal to the students, as a way of helping them with their money so they could know how to handle their finances.
For the front cover I chose a photo which shows the model smiling and studying, I chose the picture where the model is smiling because it lifts the mood of the magazine so that it is not depressing and sad. The clothes and hair of the model also plays a part in theimage I wanted the magazine to portray, for example I wanted the magazine to be modern which is shown through the model wearing up to date clothes, and 'cool' vibrant hair, this makes a bright contrastiong picture which would surely attract the attention of the audience.
The colour scheme of the magazine is bright colour designed to appeal to both gender, I designed the front so that the writing stood out and did not contrast with the picture however, in doing so I may have made the magazine look more feminine than I intended. So to avoid this in the contents page I picked a colour for each gender and then a colour believed to be unisex.
The font I have chosen for the masthead is Arial MT bold, which is a clear, but fun font due to the font not looking sharp an formal. The cover lines are Arial Bold so they are clear to read are bold. The inside is written in Bradley Hand ITC which makes it look as though someone has written by hand, so it gives an informal feel, along with the editorial board, which is written informally, almost like the editor is friends with the reader, it is made to look inviting.
Overall i am happy with the look of the magazine.    


No comments:

Post a Comment