Monday 11 April 2011

My Contents Page.

For my contents page I took a majority of my work from the research I did for the contents pages. I did this because these are successful magazines, so they have a formula that works and sells magazine, so I tried to follow in their footsteps.
I have done this by using headings to organise the articles, these are News, Features, Live, and Regulars. The writing is aligned to the left hand side  , so the readers would look at that first as people usually read left to right, it seem the logical alignment. The numbers are in a blue colour, so the number would stand out and so people could tell the article and the page number apart.
The pictures are of musicians and bands, which consist of two larger picture and four smaller pictures so overall there is a balance to the contents page. I have left the contents page simple, as I don’t think the page needs to be overloaded with things, as sometimes this could lead to the page looking messy.
Although I am happy with the layout of the contents page and how it looks, I think I can add more page numbers in it and also I have forgotten to add in the free poster part of the magazine, I will do this at a later date.

I have now added in the free posters and more page numbers:

No comments:

Post a Comment