Monday 11 April 2011

Stage 1 & 2 of front cover.

STAGE 1
To start my front cover I took a photo of Simon Neale from the band Biffy Clyro, playing guitar, poened it in photoshop and I changed the proportions to fit an A4 piece of paper.
I then made the picture black and white and next I used the art history tool to trace round the person, so that he was  in colour, so that he stood out more on the front.

STAGE 2
Next in Photoshop, I took the font sample from earlier ('Aenima') and inverted the colours from black font and white background to white font and black background so it would flow with the page.
I then merged it onto the page and erased the parts I didn't need.


STAGE 2 CONTINUED...
I then took another font sample "chelt press" (on font ideas 3rd down on the left) to use for the cover lines and did the same as before and inverted the samples and merged on to the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment